Our commitment to education is one of the abiding principles that we follow at Sawgrass Asset Management. We are proud to participate in the following educational organizations:
- Florida Public Pension Trustees Association (FPPTA): The FPPTA is a Florida-based association for Public Pension Plan Trustees. Its mission is to educate the Public Trustee so they will be better equipped to carry out his/her fiduciary responsibilities of their Public Pension Board. Sawgrass professionals have been involved with the FPPTA for over two decades. Providing sponsorship to this organization has provided our investment team with a method to align our goals of promoting education to Public Trustees in the state of Florida to those of the FPPTA.
- Florida Government Finance Officers’ Association (FGFOA): The Florida Government Finance Officers Association, Inc. was founded in 1937 and serves more than 2,000 professionals from state, county and city governments; school districts; colleges and universities; special districts; and private firms. The FGFOA’s main purpose is to improve the knowledge, skills, and performance of the professionals responsible for government fiscal policy and management. Sawgrass Asset Management’s focus on the Florida market and the investment needs of governmental organizations makes the FGFOA an important organization for our association.
- Georgia Association of Public Pension Trustees (GAPPT): The GAPPT is a Georgia-based association for Public Pension Plan Trustees. Its mission is to educate the Public Trustee so they will be better equipped to carry out his/her fiduciary responsibilities of their Public Pension Board. Sawgrass professionals have been involved with the GAPPT since its inception. Providing sponsorship to this organization has provided our investment team with a method to align our goals of promoting education to Public Trustees in the state of Georgia to those of the GAPPT.
- Association of Investment Management Sales Executives (AIMSE): The Association of Investment Management Sales Executives is the only professional organization dedicated to serving the needs of investment management sales and marketing professionals. Founded in 1977, AIMSE seeks to further the professional development of its members and promote the growth of the industry as a whole. AIMSE’s mission is to provide an educational forum for those employed in the investment management sales and marketing services profession worldwide. AIMSE fosters high ethical and professional standards among its members regarding representation of investment products and services, with an emphasis on improving their skills, enabling them to adapt to the changing needs of the marketplace.
- The CFA Institute: The CFA Institute is the largest association of investment professionals in the world. With over 140,000 members in 159 countries and regions, the Institute seeks to set professional standards for investment management practitioners and broadly engage other finance professionals through their interest and interactions with the investment management industry. All of Sawgrass’ Portfolio Managers have earned the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation from The CFA Institute.
- Jacksonville Society of Financial Analysts (CFA Society): The mission of the Jacksonville Society of Financial Analysts is to facilitate the professional development of its members through providing access to timely and relevant information, enhancing the respect and visibility of the CFA Charterholder, and promoting adherence to the AIMR Code of Ethics, and Standards of Professional Conduct. Active involvement in the Jacksonville Society of Financial Analysts offers members the opportunity to exchange ideas with fellow practitioners in the investment community. Frequent educational and corporate meetings provide members the occasion to stay abreast of current developments and ideas in the industry. Sawgrass Asset Management is an active participant in the Jacksonville Financial Analyst Society.